Chemical Emergency Response

Chemical spills can occur at any time. Spills are classified as minor or major. A minor spill is one in which the reason for the spill or the product which is spilled is known. Minor spills may be cleaned up by personnel who have been trained to handle such a spill. A major spill is one in which the product spilled is unknown, someone is hurt and needs medical attention or it involves a violent on-going reaction or fire. In the event of a major spill, contact KSU Police at 770-423-6666 and your supervisor.