The Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) requires facilities to manage refrigerants properly to help protect the environment.
The purpose of the KSU Refrigerant Management Program is to:
- Maximize the recycling of ozone depleting substances (ODS) and to minimize the release
of ODS to the ambient air from the servicing, repairing, maintaining, and disposing
of refrigeration appliances on campus;
- Utilize certified technicians for the servicing, repairing, maintaining, and disposing
of refrigeration appliances on the KSU campus;
- Maintain proper records of refrigerant consumption, technician training, and recycling
and recovery equipment certifications;
- Ensure proper repairs are made for units with significant leak rates; and
- To ensure KSU is in full compliance with Section 608 of the Clean Air Act Amendments and the requirements of 40 CFR Part 82, Subpart F.
To achieve the objectives stated above, KSU requires all employees and contractors whose job duties require the handling, ordering, repairing, servicing, maintaining, or disposing of refrigerant or refrigeration appliances to assist by ensuring the proper paperwork is being completed when work is being performed.